In this Article
Dieting is the conscious control or regulation of the food we take in, to maintain our weight, or to have it move it up or down a few kilos! However, the ideal diet plan varies from person to person, which is why you need to understand how to choose the right diet for you.
You may have begun to religiously follow a diet filled with vegetables you couldn’t stand earlier; mustering every ounce of effort to say no to that delicious chocolate tart your colleague is offering you; massaging away aches and pains in muscles you didn’t know existed until after your first workout; only to discover that at the end of the week, the needle on the weighing scale refuses to tilt in your favour.
But hold your horses before giving up! There may be simple mistakes that you’re doing, correcting which can help you achieve that hard-to-reach goal of losing weight.
The following 8 mistakes you’re making could be preventing you from reaching your weight-loss goal.
- You’re eating too little which causes your body to go into starvation mode and hoard up on fats and calories.
- You may be eating more than you think.
- You could be making the wrong food choices.
- You’re not sleeping enough, which increases the production of stress hormone ‘cortisol’ in your body, which in turn increases your appetite.
- You’re not involved in any physical activity.
- You’re not hydrated enough.
- Skipping meals has the same effect on the body as eating too little does.
- Hitting a weight-loss plateau means that you may have to change a part of your diet or workout to get the body to shed extra kilos.