This 20-minute strength circuit is all about your legs, chest, and back, explains Jill Penfold, certified personal trainer and creator of the 12-week LA Bride Body program. The moves are ones you’ve probably done before, but instead of trying to rush through the reps, this time you want to focus on going slow and perfecting your form, Penfold says. “Make each rep count.” You’ll need a set of medium-weight dumbbells for the workout she created—and if the moves feel easy, or if you’re breezing through the set like it’s NBD, go heavier with your weights. Get ready to wake up and carpe diem—or hit the snooze button and carpe mañana.
How To Do This Workout:
Do 12 reps of each move then rest for 60 seconds. Repeat until 20 minutes are up. Aim to complete four to five sets, says Penfold. Do this workout two times per week.
Push-Up — 12 reps
- Start in high plank.
- Bend elbows and lower body toward mat. Keep your elbows pointing back and close to your torso.
- Push through palms to straighten arms. Do 12 reps.
Plank With T Rotation — 12 reps (6 each side)
- Start in high plank with your feet hip-distance apart.
- Now rotate your entire body to the right into a side plank with your shoulder above your wrists.
- Extend your right arm to the ceiling and continue to drive your hips up.
- Return to center position, then repeat on the opposite side. Do 6 reps on each side.
Reverse Lunge With Front Twist — 12 reps (6 each side)
- Start standing with your feet hip-width apart. Hold a medium-weight dumbbell at chest height.
- Take a big step back with your left foot and bend your knees to lower into lunge while twisting your torso over right (front) leg.
- Return to standing, then repeat with the opposite leg. Do 6 reps on each side.