- Curating your Instagram feed can be a game-changer in helping you find the motivation to get fitter.
- Following people who inspire you to live a healthier lifestyle and teach you new skills (rather than make you feel bad about your body or promote questionable fad diets) can have a huge effect.
- Whether you want to improve your mobility, take up ballet, or get into weight-lifting for the first time, there are influencers out there who will help you reach your goals.
- Here are the 50 best to follow this year.
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Living an active, healthy lifestyle has never been cooler, and a lot of that is down to the rise of the fitness influencer.
Social media — and Instagram in particular — has made it easier than ever to find workout ideas and training tips, but for every influencer sharing genuinely good advice, there are tons more who don’t know what they’re talking about and simply grew their following because they have a banging body.
There’s a real difference between someone with a peachy booty, abs of steel, and popping biceps who simply posts selfies from the gym, and someone who actually shares science-backed evidence, genuinely good workouts, and motivational advice.
Former international athlete Worthington is a Nike trainer, sports scientist, and personal trainer to A-list celebrities, models, and elite athletes. He’s one of the most knowledgeable and respected people in the industry, and anything he doesn’t know about how the human body moves probably isn’t worth knowing.