Skin is one of the largest organs of the body. Because of this, caring for your skin can directly affect your overall health. Your skin acts as a protective shield and is most vulnerable to outside elements. It’s affected by more factors than you may think. For instance, the following can play a role in your overall skin health:
- exposure to UV radiation in tanning beds
- exposure to chemical toxins in tobacco
- unprotected sun exposure for long periods of time
- not getting enough rest, fluids, or nutrition
There are steps you can take to ensure you have healthy skin. They include the following:
- Cleanse regularly, typically twice daily.
- Apply a toner after cleansing if you have oily skin.
- Apply a moisturizer if you have dry skin.
- Exfoliate to remove dead skin cells and brighten up your complexion.