HOW TO LOVE WHAT YOU SEE IN THE MIRROR
Healthy skin not only helps you look and feel beautiful, it also protects your body from sickness and helps keep your bones, muscles, and organs safe.
- Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize! Use a moisturizer daily to help keep your skin hydrated, smooth, and soft by preventing water loss.
- Eat a healthy diet. Foods high in omega-3s (good fatty acids) can help protect your skin from UV damage, signs of aging, and inflammation. These include fish and nuts.
- Protect yourself in the sun. The sun gives your body beneficial vitamin D, but be careful of too much exposure. Use products with an SPF of 30 or more to protect your skin from premature aging and skin cancer.
Shiny, thick locks aren’t just for looks—your hair helps keep you warm and protects your scalp from the elements.
- Air-dry often. Hair dryers and heat-styling tools can dry out hair and cause it to break or burn.
- Focus on your scalp when you wash. Washing the ends of your hair can strip away good oils and give you flyaways.
- Get your protein. Protein is great for building a strong, healthy body, and your hair is no exception. Protein is necessary for hair growth, so be sure to incorporate it into your diet.